Estimate Shipping Cost
This reproduction cabinet is a Cottage Craft Works exclusive design. It was actually built as a prototype by Paul Stevens and then sent to one of our Amish craftsmen to make exclusively for us.
We sell this spool cabinet finished in Cherry, Quarter Sawed Oak or Oak. (Oak is pictured). We also sell the cabinet in a complete kit. The Dark Oak pictured utilizes St. Michaels Cherry Stain a very popular stain color used on Amish furniture, custom stain colors are available upon request. Select custom stain option by clicking here to see our stain chart. Please note the stain color in the comment section upon checkout.
The spool cabinet is priced in Oak; select wood choices to see the incremental price differences. Most all of the original cabinets were made from Oak.
The cabinet is Amish handcrafted from 3/4" and 1/2" premium hardwoods. There is absolutely no particle or press board used in these cabinets. The inside of the cabinet shows the attention to the detail of craftsmanship as much as the beautiful outside.
The sides are reverse panel, and the inside drawer rail construction duplicates the furniture designs used during these periods. Reverse panels add character and charm to the cabinet. They are very labor intensive, most furniture builders will just use a veneer plywood flat panel or one recessed panel. These cabinets are built to become tomorrow’s family antique heirlooms.
Our unique design has the thread decals actually inset into the drawer fronts and covered with Plexiglas to create a framed look. This provides a rich pop against the wood drawer front and is just another attention to detail this beautiful custom spool cabinet provides.
The spool cabinet measures 23-1/2 wide X 17” Deep X 19-1/2 Tall. The cabinet is custom sized to make a perfect end or side table. The size also allows us to ship these UPS.
Five drawers with an inside space of 19” Wide X 14” Deep X 2-3/8 Tall makes an ideal cabinet to store magazines, hobby, collections and craft items out of the way when company comes a calling, or use it in a sewing room to recreate a bit of nostalgia.
Drawers are finished inside as a normal furniture drawer for general storage items or add your own fabric or felt depending on what your hobby or craft needs are.
The cabinet comes standard with white Porcelain knobs as pictured. If you wish to have different knobs you may select to have the cabinet shipped without the knobs, and add your own. Selecting this option below will discount the cost $15. The holes will be drilled, but will require longer screws than the standard door knobs made for a 3/4" drawer. The cabinet will require 1-1/2" screws to fit your knobs available at home and hardware stores.
Each cabinet or kit is custom hand crafted per each order. Please expect between three-four weeks for oak and between four-six weeks for quarter sawed oak or cherry before your cabinet will be shipped.
We are pleased to bring you such an exceptional piece of Amish custom made furniture for a very reasonable price.
We also sell our J&P Coats Spool Cabinet in a ready to assemble unfinished kit. Click Here for more information.
Our Customer Response
Hi Paul, I received my Spool cabinet today and I wanted to tell you that I am very pleased. :) It is just beautiful. Tell the craftsman he does excellent work. Thank you very much.
Customer Reviews 6 item(s)
- Very Happy and Quality is great!
- I am very pleased with my spool cabinet. I highly recommend doing business with this company. Paul was very responsive any time I asked for a status report.
- Highly recommend, Beautifully made, delivered as promised.
- This cabinet was awesome. I have looked for years for a small cabinet to use as a base for my antique spool cabinet. This was perfect fit and beautifully made. I was even able to order it with a finished back so that it would not have to be placed against a wall. Artfully constructed. Well packed for shipping and arrived on schedule as promised. Highly recommend. Paul was very helpful and informative and knows how to deliver on promises!
- love this cabinet!
- I love this cabinet! I bought this to store all my sewing machine accessories. I lined the inside drawers with non slip shelf paper and and put clear drawer organizers in them. I labeled all my sewing machine feet and and all the other accessories. It has tons of room for all my small accessories, bobbins, needles, scissors, spools of thread, etc. The workmanship is beautiful. It is finished on all 6 sides. It is the size of a small end table. I keep it next to my sewing machine table. I would love to have another for my family room. Maybe next year.
- I'm very pleased!
- I ordered this cabinet and am very pleased with it! It is beautifully made. Even the insides of the drawers are stained to match the outside. Customer service is also excellent. Paul and his craftsman worked patiently with me to help determine which wood and stain color might go best with my existing furniture (a very difficult task, and my greatest concern!) After ordering a few samples, I decided on Brown Maple with a dark brown stain, and Im happy that it looks so good with my other furniture. A perfect match isn't possible, but this is very close. Overall, I'm very pleased!
- Finishing is amazing.
The workmanship and quality of wood and finishing is amazing. I ordered this in cherry and it is beautiful. The drawers are completely finished inside and out and any of the four sides could face out if needed. I received this a little earlier than expected and it was packaged so well that it would be almost impossible to damage it during shipping. Paul was so nice to work with and kept me updated. I will be enjoying this for years to come. also, thank you so much to the craftsman who made this beautiful cabinet.
- I was very pleased
- I was a little worried about ordering something like this online, but I'm happy I did. It took just over a month to get it and I was very pleased. My spool cabinet is just beautiful! It is built very well. I ordered it in the quarter-sawn oak and asked to leave to knobs off so I could put my own kind on it (it was not an option at that time.), and Paul was very accomodating and took $15 off the price for this. I also asked that they round the corners a bit, because I have grandchildren and did not want them to get hurt by sharp corners and they were very happy to do so. I am using it as an end table in my living room. It's just the right size for remotes, magazines, etc.