This is the perfect solution for the small hobby horse ranch owner that wants to save on feed cost while improving the nutrition and digestive systems.
It is also very portable to carry on the trailer for horse shows and events away from the ranch.
Users have reported anywhere from 25% up to 30% savings on feed cost by converting to crimped oats.
Just Google the benefits of crimped oats to compare for yourself;
- Easier to digest.
- Easier for older horses with bad teeth.
- Makes nutrients more available.
- Improves condition and performance.
- Fresh stable side crimped oats helps preserve nutrition.
- Easy to use even for child chores.
- Lightweight and portable to sit on a 5 GL bucket.
- All aluminum rust free materials.
- 8-1/2” x 8-1/2”hopper holds approx 7 lbs of oats.
- Hardened Adjustable Rollers.
- Adaptable to an electric drill.
- Comes mounted on plywood bucket cover.
Overall this crimper will do a good job of cracking open the outer shell which provides many of the same benefits of machine rolled oats. It, however, does not have the same crushing power to flatten the oats completely as the larger commercial machines will do to look like the human version of rolled oats.
We do have a larger electric motor crimper, Click Here for more information.