Estimate Shipping Cost
A new commercial style kitchen with all those commercial size pots and pans may look great until it comes down to washing them in a standard size home kitchen sink. Washing over sized stock pots and pans just may not be practical unless you also have a large commercial size drainboard attached to the sink. Residential kitchen sinks just do not provide the space to maneuver and wash those over sized pots and pans.
In most kitchen sinks there's just no space to let large pots, pans and cooking utensils air dry without getting water all over your new beautiful granite counter tops, down on to the cabinet fronts, and then out on to the floor.
Drainboards are once again becoming popular for singles that do not create enough dishes to use a dishwasher every day.
Our Amish made Stainless Steel drainboard sits next to your sink allowing all the water to quickly drain back into the sink. The drainboard is universal to fit either the right or left sides of a kitchen sink.
There's no need to have it attached. It's heavy enough to stay in place yet, it is easy to move and clean underneath.
Use it flat or add a dish rack, either way all the excess water drains back into the sink. (Dish rack is not included)
Use it to drain off washed vegetables; it is just like having an extra sink.
If you do a lot of large batch cooking or canning and you have room on both sides of your sink, considering buying two of these, you will be glad you did.
These drainboards are also great for RVs, motor homes and food trucks.
Drainboard measures 20-1/2" x 18-1/4" and tilts from 1-3/4" down to the sink. The 1-3/4" is the back leg measured from the counter to the bottom of the drainboard. With the back lip included the drainboard measures 2-1/2" from the counter to the top back edge. The 20-1/2" measurement is from the drain out at the sink edge back away from the sink. The 18-1/4" measurement is the front to back of the counter. Measurements may vary slightly during the forming process.
The top half of the drain board provides a clear 16" X 18" for most size drain racks with room to place longer items on the side. A longer drain rack can still be centered between the taper down. The drain part tapers down to 10-3/4".
Not your size, need it to go sideways? No problem! For an additional $48 we will have one custom built for you. Just select custom size using the drop down box at the bottom of the page, and then e-mail us a drawing and the size and configuration you need. You can leave the size in the comment section upon checkout but we will need a drawing if you need a different configuration. All that we ask is that you stay within the overall size of the standard drainboard and allow us an additional 3-4 weeks to ship. We can build larger custom boards drop us an e-mail for a quote. (Custom orders are not returnable so please measure closely and give us a good drawing to go by).
Stainless Steel is very easy to keep clean. This drainboard will stay looking new and will likely be the last one that you will ever need to buy.
The drainboard is shipped with a factory protective cover that will need to be removed. After the protective coating is removed simply wash the drain board with vinegar water or stainless steel cleaner to remove the oils left over from the welding process.
USA Amish made from 22 ga 304 USA Stainless Steel. Rolled edges prevent sharp edges and welded corners for years of dish drying.
Shipping: For Continental US Customers UPS Ground will be your shipping option.
For Alaska and Hawaii Customers USPS Priority Mail will be your shipping option.
For our International customers, we can ship the drain board USPS Priority International to most countries. Canada customers should have UPS Standard show in shipping during the checkout. If for some reason the shipping cost runs higher we will contact you.
This has been one of our most popular items; customers have told us over and over they were so happy to find this drainboard. They just couldn't find anything else on the Internet available like it to protect their expensive counter tops, and at the price, it is such an incredible value.
Drainboard does ship UPS dimensional weight due to the box size. The shipping rates also include a box and handling fee and they are what we pay the Amish shop to drop ship.
The Amish shop does charge a $5 restocking fee for returns which, we have very few of. Please measure your space carefully considering position of your sink and open space to any overhead cabinets. Custom made drainboards are not returnable.
Customer Reviews 7 item(s)
- Marvelous dish drain
- After several years of looking for a well-made dish drain board we now have it! Our kitchen has limited counter space and we ordered a custom size. It was made to the exact dimensions I sent. It is wonderful, and as far as I can see, worth every cent.
- the process was easy
- I needed a custom SS drain board for my remodeled kitchen. My sink is an Elkay undermount 28"x16"x10" and a dish drain 20"x15". I checked with my local sheetmetal shops and the prices were way too high. I sent Paul a drawing of what I wanted. He responded that day with some questions about my drawing. Paul had some suggestions, some I liked, some I didn't. It took about 10 emails to get everything worked out to my satisfaction. I thought the process was easy and never had a problem. Some of the delays were caused by having to wait for an answer from the fabricators and design changes. Paul was easy to work with and professional. The cost was very reasonable compared to my local sheetmetal shops. I am very pleased with my drain board.
- love this drain board!
- I love this drain board! It is large and holds a lot of dishes and pans. Unlike the other reviewer, mine has no discolourations. The stainless steel finish looks very nice on my counter. The finish is so smooth water sheets off of it-unlike my old plastic drain board that seemed to hold water. If you have a lot of pots and pans to wash then, this is definitely worth having!
- Exactly what I needed.
- I have an oversided stainless steel dish drainer that included a flat drainboard, that just held the water until I turned it over to drain it. I had been looking for a new drainboard forever, but could never find one large enough. When I finally found this one at Cottage Craft Works, I knew I had to have it, but knew the standard size would not fit. With just 2 email exchanges, we figured out what I needed to have customized and 2 weeks later I had my drainboard. It's exactly what I needed. It's very well made and drains perfectly. And the customer service was excellent!
- Best drain board ever!
- This is the best drain board ever! It doesn't mold, it doesn't leak, it doesn't collect water. It does exactly what drain boards should do, but many do not because they are cheap. I originally didn't want to spend the money, but I am so glad I did as this one is truly the best, hand made and great quality. Thank you Cottage Craft Works for making these available on your site.
- perfect solution
- We recently updated our old farmhouse kitchen. After years of suffering with mold, puddles and drippy water from sub-standard dish racks, I was in search of the perfect set-up for my new countertop. This angled drainboard was the perfect solution, and the only one of its kind online (trust me--I looked!!). It's absolutely solid and well-made and is a perfect complement for my stainless steel sink. My dish rack sits in the center, with plenty of space on the board to catch drips from the pots and pans that hang over the rack. I also love that I can use the extra space on the board for utensils and cups that won't fit in the dish rack. LOVE LOVE LOVE it, and worth every penny!
- Exactly what we needed
Review of Stainless Steel Drain Board
My wife and I had been looking for a better dish drying rack for some time. We finally found one that appeared to be just what we wanted. It turned out, however, that the rack's drain system was prone to clogging, with the result that the water runoff ran off all over the counter top and down on floor instead of in the sink. While periodically unclogging the drain holes solved that problem, doing so required some effort. A better solution was to remove the rack's drain pan and replace it with a traditional style drain board. New problem -- we couldn't find one to fit. Then, during a generic search on the Internet for drain boards, we stumbled upon the Cottage Craft Works website. One of their products was described as a stainless steel drain board, and its dimensions were exactly what we needed. We placed our order and found that this item is exactly as described. It is well made with smooth joints and no sharp edges, has an easy-clean flat bottom that slants at a good angle for drainage, and has plenty of overhang for making sure the runoff goes into the sink properly. In short, the stainless steel drain board is exactly what we were looking for. I have no doubt that this is the last drain board we will ever need.