Reel mowers are still popular for those who have a small yard and little space to store a gasoline mower.
These are easy to push mowers built with a solid handle, adjustable cut heights in 1/4" increments, “zinc plated” steel roller brackets and knobs. These mowers can be hung on a wall in a small storage unit or garage
The Clipper USA series provide a high-quality silent type hand push reel mower that simply can not be matched by any other reel mowers on the market today. In fact, the Clipper USA mowers are built just like the original silent reel mowers were.
- Heat-treated bed-knife is made of special materials to give ultimate toughness and long-lasting sharpness.
- The six-reel blades are riveted just like the original Silent Scotts were
- High-tolerance bearings and heat-treated adjustment levers are standard
- Metal wheels with rubber tires
- Heavy Duty Roller
- Ultra-Fine, a one-nut adjustment in 1/4" increments (One thumb nut on each side)
- Hardened, grade 8 bed-knife bolts
- Convenient kick bar for mowing tight corners
- Powder Coated finish with weather-resistant decals
- Fully Warranted against any defects
- 9” standard rubber tires, 9-5/8” tires available as an upgrade for the higher cutting height
All three different Amish reel more companies offer heavy-duty reel push mower models that are hands down much higher in quality than the average reel mowers being sold in hardware and home improvement stores.
The Clipper Reel Mower is the Cadillac-Mercedes of reel mowers. It is all USA made by the Amish using USA made parts. The reel has riveted blades and bed-knife are higher quality US steel and are extra tempered for the longest cutting sharpness. The Bed-Knife and spiral reels were patterned from the vintage Scotts Silent mowers. It is also the most expensive of all reel mowers. Despite the price, it is also the most popular between the Amish and Non-Amish. Clipper is our best seller.
Mascot Silent Reel Mowers use all imported parts and are assembled overseas. It is strictly quality controlled by an Amish company that personally inspects, sharpens, and tunes each one before it ships to a customer. The Amish company developed it from the vintage Scotts Silent mowers. Many of the parts will interchange with the old Scott mowers. It is a popular mower with high satisfaction for the Amish and Non-Amish who are looking for long-term durability and performance. In fact, we had so many calls about why we did not carry the Mascot Mowers we figured we better check them out and was pleasantly surprised with what we found. We categorize it as a Buick of reel mowers and is priced mid-range of the Amish reel mowers.
Silver Pro Reel Mower was developed by an Amish Company for a more budget-friendly option for Amish families. It uses a combination of imported parts and the US made parts cousin to the Clipper mowers. It is fully assembled in the US, sharpened, and tuned by the Amish. By some accounts, it would be considered made in the USA since many of the parts are made in the US and it is fully assembled in the US. The reel was just recently improved as shown in the newer pictures to now include riveted spiral blades like the Clipper and Mascot. It also uses imported tempered steel blades. It still features steel wheels and solid rubber tires. We categorize the Silver Pro as the Chevy of reel mowers and it’s priced accordingly. It is still much higher quality than other Non-Amish reel mowers.
Click Here to see all our Amish reel mower options.
Watch Demo Video
Estimate Shipping Cost
Note: If the product has any options with * Required Field(s) in the drop-down box options above they must be selected to obtain a shipping estimate.
Note: Use the shipping estimator at checkout if other products are already in the shopping cart. This single product estimator will no longer provide a correct combined shipping estimate with other items.
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- Clipper Mower
The mower works fine—the sound is that of a properly adjusted mechanism. It is my wife’s delight and she has told many friends about it. It’s solid and rugged and promises to outlast us and be handed down to the next generation, as tools of quality were once, and still deserve to be.
- Well Built Machine
- This is a well built machine. It’s a pleasure to see that there are still people building quality products in the US. Thank you!
- Clipper vs Fiskars Reel Mowers
The “Reel” Deal
I have been using the Fiskars Stay sharp Max for the last 4 years, I believed it worked great for a while until the last few years where I have been experiencing poor cut quality, jamming up during mowing and rusting in spots. It was getting to hard to mow my lawn, I decided to try and find a better product. Unfortunately if you google reel mower you get the usual suspects, some brands even made by the same company and all made somewhere else besides the USA. I finally stumbled across the Clipper USA mower and though initially stunned at the much higher the price point I was intrigued, unfortunately I had a hard time finding too many reviews about this mower, I decided to give Paul a call at Cottage Craft Works where he answered my questions and made me feel a bit more comfortable about making the purchase. I decided to upgrade the tires to the larger 9 5/8” and went with the 21” reel mower version. 2 days later this beast of a mower arrived at my home in NJ, after a little time putting it together and making all the necessary adjustments I was ready to give it a try. Wow! Is all I can say, the Clipper USA was so much easier to use than my Fiskars ever was, I was able to cut my lawn in less that half the time, the cut quality was something I have never experienced either with the Fiskars, the reel blades on the Clipper USA are razor sharp, when they describe this mower as the Cadillac of reel mowers, they ain’t lying. Solid, sharp, easy to use and all built in the USA make this reel mower stand in a realm all on its own. I’m convinced this is the last reel mower I will ever own. If your on the fence about making this purchase, just go for it, it truly is everything they claim it to be and way more.
Peter C NJ
- This reel mower is a "real" mower
- In an age of mediocre, intentionally disposable products, the Clipper reel mower is built to last. No expenses were spared in making this thing. Even the hubcaps are metal. I bought the 17" model with the 9" wheels for a small urban front and back yard. The Clipper arrived well-packaged and with a properly adjusted bed knife. While testing the blades as per the manufacturer's instructions, I found that it will cleanly cut strips of paper into confetti. The mower is heavy, as you would expect of something made mainly of steel, but operates quietly and with low effort. The reel will continue to whip along for several seconds after each push. From what I gather, in Amish culture the chore of mowing is usually done by the children and the Clipper is built with that in mind. This thing makes short work of even longer grass and some weeds. There's a reason why they use the same mower head in horse-drawn gang mowers. In this pennywise and pound-foolish time, it's nice to, as they say, only "buy once and cry once".