Yield: 112 – 2 oz rolls
All measurements are by weight not by volume
(in other words, do not use measuring cups!!!!)
(3 qt.) Water
6 oz Yeast, dry active
10 lbs. Flour, high-gluten
4 oz Salt
6 oz Sugar
8 oz Milk, dry powder
6 oz Shortening
1. Add yeast to water. Stir to dissolve, then set aside.
2. Place all other ingredients in a mixing bowl.
3. With a dough hook attachment, start mixing dry ingredients with shortening on the first setting.
4. Add the water and yeast mixture.
5. Set to the second setting for 4 minutes.
6. Continue mixing the dough on the first setting for another 3 minutes.
7. Remove dough from mixture and place on a clean and floured surface. Cover and let stand for 2 hours.
8. After the 2 hours, start scaling the rolls. Measure out 2 oz portions. Shape them. Then put them on a sheet pan sprayed with pan spray. Five across and 8 down.
9. Proof in proofer until the rolls have doubled in size.
10. Bake in a 350 f pre-heated conventional oven for 10 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter or margarine.
Let stand for at least 10 minutes before placing them in baskets.