Mowers are shipped after being fully tested, greased, and adjusted by the Amish shop. Price begins with the 18” Mascot Silent Cut Mower and incrementally increases as the 21” and 10” tire options are added. Some will call the mowers equipped with the 9" wheels "Bent Grass Mowers" and with the 10" wheels "Upright Tall Grass Mowers"
Overall width to the outside of the tires, 18" size is 24" and the 21" size is 27", add 1-1/2" to these widths when ordering the 10" tires.
Mascot Silent Cut Reel Mowers Feature:
- Smooth easy push design for women and children (18" would be the best size)
- Riveted spiral design 6 blades tempered heat-treated blades and bed-knife stays sharper longer
- Ultra-fine thread bed-knife adjustment (factory adjusted to a paper-thin cut)
- Self-lubricating wheel bearings
- Heavy-duty nylon rollers with a glass-lined inner surface for longer wear patterns
- Metal wheels with 1-3/4” thick solid rubber tires (Like they used in the 1950s and 1960s on mowers)
- Height adjustments for the 18”- .5”-2.25” and the 21”- .5-3” with 9” tires, add 1/2” with 10” wheels
- (The 9” wheel models work better on shorter bent grasses like Bermuda and the 10" wheels for taller grass)
- Weight about 42 lbs. for the 18” and 55 lbs. for the 21”. Mowers will store nicely hung on a garage wall.
- Comfortable 35” long handle adjusts to different operator heights
- Durable baked powder coated paint
- No Bounce 12-Ga. the frame is balanced, heavy enough to provide a manicured lawn, but still easy to push
- Optional Mascot Universal 18”-20” grass catcher is also available.
- 5-year warranty. Excludes damage from dropping, abuse, mowing in areas with damaging sand, rocks, glass, and debris. In general reel mowers do not do well with debris and small twigs that may lodge between the knife-bed and blades.
Which Reel Mower Is Best for Me?
We offer all three Amish made reel mowers to provide our customers with greater selections, options, and price ranges. Too many selections sometimes create more confusion so let’s break them down for a better understanding of the pricing differences.
All three different Amish reel more companies offer heavy-duty reel push mower models that are hands down much higher in quality than the average reel mowers being sold in hardware and home improvement stores.
The Clipper Reel Mower is the Cadillac-Mercedes of reel mowers. It is all USA made by the Amish using USA made parts. The reel has riveted blades and bed-knife are higher quality US steel and are extra tempered for the longest cutting sharpness. The Bed-Knife and spiral reels were patterned from the vintage Scotts Silent mowers. It is also the most expensive of all reel mowers. Despite the price, it is also the most popular between the Amish and Non-Amish. The Clipper is our best seller.
Mascot Silent Reel Mowers use all imported parts and are assembled overseas. It is strictly quality controlled by an Amish company that personally inspects, sharpens, and tunes each one before it ships to a customer. The Amish company developed it from the vintage Scotts Silent mowers. Many of the parts will interchange with the old Scott mowers. It is a very popular mower with high satisfaction for the Amish and Non-Amish who are looking for long-term durability and performance. In fact, we had so many calls about why we didn’t carry the Mascot Mowers we figured we better check them out and was pleasantly surprised with what we found. We categorize it as a Buick of reel mowers and is priced mid-range of the Amish reel mowers.
Silver Pro Reel Mower was developed by an Amish Company for a more budget-friendly option for Amish families. It uses a combination of imported parts and USA made parts cousin to the Clipper mowers. It is fully assembled in the US, sharpened and tuned by the Amish. By some accounts, it would be considered made in the USA since many of the parts are made in the US and it is fully assembled in the US. The reel was just recently improved as shown in the newer pictures to now include riveted spiral blades like the Clipper and Mascot. It also uses imported tempered steel blades. It still features steel wheels and solid rubber tires. We categorize the Silver Pro as the Chevy of reel mowers and it’s priced accordingly. It is still much higher quality than other Non-Amish reel mowers.
Click Here to see all our Amish reel mower options.