Customer Reviews 6 item(s)
- Thanks I appreciate it. Love the mower it’s awesome!
- Good Strong Environmental
Clipper Push Reel Mower - this is a very strong mower
Cottage Craft Works are good honest people!
- Clipper Mower
The mower works fine—the sound is that of a properly adjusted mechanism. It is my wife’s delight and she has told many friends about it. It’s solid and rugged and promises to outlast us and be handed down to the next generation, as tools of quality were once, and still deserve to be.
- Well Built Machine
- This is a well built machine. It’s a pleasure to see that there are still people building quality products in the US. Thank you!
- Clipper vs Fiskars Reel Mowers
The “Reel” Deal
I have been using the Fiskars Stay sharp Max for the last 4 years, I believed it worked great for a while until the last few years where I have been experiencing poor cut quality, jamming up during mowing and rusting in spots. It was getting to hard to mow my lawn, I decided to try and find a better product. Unfortunately if you google reel mower you get the usual suspects, some brands even made by the same company and all made somewhere else besides the USA. I finally stumbled across the Clipper USA mower and though initially stunned at the much higher the price point I was intrigued, unfortunately I had a hard time finding too many reviews about this mower, I decided to give Paul a call at Cottage Craft Works where he answered my questions and made me feel a bit more comfortable about making the purchase. I decided to upgrade the tires to the larger 9 5/8” and went with the 21” reel mower version. 2 days later this beast of a mower arrived at my home in NJ, after a little time putting it together and making all the necessary adjustments I was ready to give it a try. Wow! Is all I can say, the Clipper USA was so much easier to use than my Fiskars ever was, I was able to cut my lawn in less that half the time, the cut quality was something I have never experienced either with the Fiskars, the reel blades on the Clipper USA are razor sharp, when they describe this mower as the Cadillac of reel mowers, they ain’t lying. Solid, sharp, easy to use and all built in the USA make this reel mower stand in a realm all on its own. I’m convinced this is the last reel mower I will ever own. If your on the fence about making this purchase, just go for it, it truly is everything they claim it to be and way more.
Peter C NJ
- This reel mower is a "real" mower
- In an age of mediocre, intentionally disposable products, the Clipper reel mower is built to last. No expenses were spared in making this thing. Even the hubcaps are metal. I bought the 17" model with the 9" wheels for a small urban front and back yard. The Clipper arrived well-packaged and with a properly adjusted bed knife. While testing the blades as per the manufacturer's instructions, I found that it will cleanly cut strips of paper into confetti. The mower is heavy, as you would expect of something made mainly of steel, but operates quietly and with low effort. The reel will continue to whip along for several seconds after each push. From what I gather, in Amish culture the chore of mowing is usually done by the children and the Clipper is built with that in mind. This thing makes short work of even longer grass and some weeds. There's a reason why they use the same mower head in horse-drawn gang mowers. In this pennywise and pound-foolish time, it's nice to, as they say, only "buy once and cry once".